As a COI administrator in Form Designer COI you can configure the the General config settings that affects the overall functionality of the COI module and how disclosure logic behaves.
Accessing General Configuration
Users assigned to Administrator role(s) have access to the General Configuration option in the Configuration menu.
In the General Configuration menu you have option to several general configs that affect the overall COI functionality. Once a change has been made the below two action buttons become available in the top righthand corner. If you make any updates to the notifications or templates you will need to click the 'Save' button for the changes to take effect.
The Due Date section allows you to set the disclosure logic related to due dates.
If Static Annual Due Date is selected disclosures will require update on the specified due date annually. If Rolling Annual Due Date is selected the disclosures will require annual update per the last submission date.
General Configuration Options
In the General Configuration you have a series of different settings to affect the disclosure functionality.
- Automatically assign additional reviewers when disclosure is submitted, based on the reporter's primary unit - If checked, the unit hierarchy from the SP module will be used to pull the associated reporter's primary unit to automatically assign to a protocol if the Lead Unit matches (or if that lead unit rolls up to the lead unit per the hierarchy).
- If reviewer notifications are configured, send that notification in the event of automatic reviewer assignment - If checked, and the reviewer assignment notification is enabled, it will also include these automatic additional reviewers in the review notification.
- Automatically approve annual disclosures that do not have any Financial Entities - If checked, the disclosure will be approved automatically and not require review if there are no Financial Entities. If enabled, be aware no notifications are sent related to disclosures that are auto-approved.
- Do not require researchers with no entities to update their annual disclosure when they have a new project - If checked, it will not require an update to disclosures if new projects are added but the researcher has no Financial Entities.
- Hide Batch Disposition Assignment - If checked, it will remove the option to set all Project Dispositions in one action.
- Always require projects with a sponsor in one of the following sponsor hierarchies to update their disclosure - If sponsor hierarchy(s) are entered in this field it will require updates to a user's disclosure if a new project with a sponsor in that hierarchy.
- Declare once on award hierarchy - If checked, award projects that are part of a hierarchy that are pushed from the SP module will only need to disclose once on the award at the parent level. If unchecked, all nodes of the award hierarchy will be brought over to disclose upon.
- Disclose once at PD/IP stage and have the disclosure carry over to award - If checked, allows you to carry forward disclosure information on a Proposal Development and Institutional Proposal to an Award so not all stages have to be disclosed upon separately. Be aware, this is only related to projects being pushed from the Kuali Research Sponsored Projects system (if implemented). This also requires additional configuration on the Sponsored Projects side via the Linked_Project_Push_Enabled parameter and you can more fully utilize the functionality using the 'Project - Linked Projects' form designer gadget. More information on this configuration can be found in the COI - Templates - Project Gadgets article.
- Reset Dispositions on all projects that include sponsors in one of the following sponsor hierarchies - If checked you can enter sponsor hierarchies so that dispositions will only reset on projects from a sponsor in those hierarchies; for example, all federal sponsors.
- Allow reporters to delegate preparation of their disclosure to other users. The reporter will always need to submit the disclosure - If checked, it will enable the delegate functionality in COI which allows a user to assign a delegate(s) with access to then complete their disclosure on their behalf. However, the user will still have to submit. More information on on this functionality can be found in the COI - Delegates article.