Kuali's Conflict of Interest (COI) software has been expanded to help institutions become certified with the state of California in order to electronically file the Statement of Economic Interests For Principal Investigators (Form 700-U). Without certification, institutions are limited to manual processes that can be time consuming and confusing, resulting in delays, errors, and possible fines. California institutions can leverage Kuali's proven solution and experience to simplify their disclosure processes and begin filing Form 700-U electronically. View our E-book and UC San Diego Case Study for more background and if interested please reach out for more information.
Key Features of 700-U
The Form 700-U capability in Kuali Research COI was designed to meet the needs of public colleges and universities in the State of California. Kuali’s Conflict of Interest (COI) solution allows schools to electronically collect and generate Form 700-U (Statement of Economic Interests For Principal Investigators) as part of a streamlined disclosure process that consolidates multiple policies and requirements into a simple, user friendly tool, making it easy to stay compliant. Our solution, as piloted and implemented at the University of California, San Diego, was certified by the California FPPC.
Key Features for Administrators
- Build a comprehensive form and disclosure process
tailored to all your institution's Conflict of Interest (COI)
policies and procedures.
- Integrate data requirements of Form 700-U into the same
flow used to capture data for other policies and procedures
- Configure instructions, hyperlinked references, and
field-level help text to provide guidance to the reporter
completing their disclosure.
- Systematically generate the completed Form 700-U for the
researcher to verify and submit.
- Allow compliance administrators and reviewers to provide
specific comments and dispositions on Form 700-U data
as part of a holistic disclosure review process.
- Enable Auto Approval for disclosures without economic
interests to remove additional administrative steps.
Key Features for Researchers
- Disclose researcher conflicts of interest for multiple forms, including Form 700-U, all in one place, through a user-friendly interface.
- Produce a fully compliant Form 700-U in .pdf format without the need to print, gather a wet signature, or file a single paper document.
- Access field-level help and references for guidance as you move through the disclosure process.
- View the status of your disclosure at a glance.