SF424 Short Form
The Grants.gov SF424 Short form can transmit the necessary cover-page information required for your application. You should check your program announcement for instructions on how to complete the form and which attachments should be included (and the formatted associated with the attachments). Below outlines how the project information in Kuali Research maps to the given fields in the form.
Once a Grants.gov opportunity containing the SF424 Short form is attached and marked as included in your federally-sponsored proposal you can complete the necessary information and Grants.gov S2S questionnaire in the Questionnaire panel to populate/map the necessary information for each section of the form.
- NAME OF FEDERAL AGENCY - This is the sponsor associated with the proposal found on the Proposal Details tab within Kuali Research.
- CATALOG OF FEDERAL DOMESTIC ASSISTANCE NUMBER - The CFDA number is set to the CFDA number that is indicated under the ‘Sponsor & Program Information’ panel of the proposal in Kuali Research. This field is either manually entered or automatically populated if a grants.gov opportunity is attached to the proposal via the opportunity lookup on the S2S Opportunity Search tab. CFDA title is set to the Program Title of the proposal, which is driven by the ‘Opportunity Title’ field in the ‘Sponsor & Program Information’ panel in the proposal tab within the Kuali Research.
- DATE RECEIVED - This will map as today’s date. The Data file says “Completed by Grants.gov upon submission.” but since it is mandatory in the schema, we populate as today’s date.
- FUNDING OPPORTUNITY NUMBER/TITLE - This is automatically populated from the grants.gov opportunity attached to the proposal via the opportunity lookup on the S2S Opportunity Search tab.
- APPLICANT INFORMATION - This is the organizational data pulled from the Organization record associated with this proposal. The Legal Name is the name of the Organization and the Address will pull from the Address Book details of the organization contact person. Web Address will also pull from the Address Book entry if present.
5c. Web Address - Will also pull from the Address Book entry if present.
5d. Type of Applicant: Select Applicant Type - This is based on the organization’s type. If the organization has more than one type associated with it, we will take up to three types.
5e. Employer/Taxpayer Identification Number - This is the employer's Federal ID of the proposal's Organization record.
5f. Organizational DUNS – This is DUNS of proposal’s Organization record.
5g. Congressional District of Applicant - Applicant congressional district comes from the Organization for the proposal indicated in the ‘Organization/Location’ panel in the proposal tab within Kuali Research proposal development.
6a. Project Title - Is the ‘Project Title’ input on the Proposal Details tab of the proposal in Kuali Research.
6b. Project Description - Is added in the Abstract panel of the Abstracts and Attachments tab of the proposal development record. Within the Abstracts panel there is a dropdown selection for Abstract Type of ‘Project Summary’ (Abstract Type 1) and the Abstract Detail included will feed into this form field if added to the proposal. This is a required field and will require prior to print/submit.
6c. Proposal Project Start Date/End Date - This is the project start & end dates indicated on the Proposal Details tab of the proposal within Kuali Research.
PROJECT DIRECTOR - This is the PI information for the proposal and the PI contact information comes from the proposal person table entry for the individual.
PRIMARY CONTACT/GRANTS ADMINISTRATOR - Name and contact information of person to be contacted on matters involving this application comes from the organizational contact person. Person to be contacted on matters involving this application. This field is driven by the value of the parameter PROPOSAL_CONTACT_TYPE. The default value for this parameter is '6' which is the Grants.gov Proposal Contact Unit Admin. The value of this parameter can be as follows:
• O (default) - OSP administrator for lead unit
• I- organization rolodex contact
• A - administrative officer from lead unit
• U - unit head of lead unit
• D - dean/VP of lead unit
• H - other individual to notify for lead unit
• a number (unit administrator type) - if there is more than one person, uses the first• C-FEL - fellowship coordinator - If the proposal is a Fellowship (activity code = 3 or 7), the person to be contacted will be the Fellowship coordinator (unit_administrator type = 3) for the top unit. To get the ‘top unit’, start at the lead unit for the proposal, and travel up the hierarchy to find the first unit with an organization. If there is no fellowship coordinator for the top unit, then person to be contacted will default to the OSP coordinator for the lead unit.
Certification Agree - This will always map as "I agree".
AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE - If proposal has not yet been submitted to the sponsor, this is the organizational contact person. If the proposal has been submitted to the sponsor, this is the OSP person who did the submit action.
- After successfully completing the required information for the form go to the S2S Opportunity Search tab -> Forms panel
- Check the SF424 Short form in the select column and click the 'Create PDF' button
- Also, if this form needs to be included in the submission remember to check the 'Include' checkbox prior to final submission to Grants.gov.
- Upon Print and/or Submission the form will populate like described above with the referenced attachments appended behind the form.
Related Maintenance Table(s)
- Address Book
- Unit Administrator