Submitting a S2S Proposal
After Proposals are submitting into routing that have a S2S Connection OSP Admins (or those with appropriate submit to sponsor permissions) will have access to the action button of 'submit to S2S' in the Proposal Actions tab. This button will be available before or after the proposal is fully approved via workflow and the IP is generated since submissions may need to be sent to Grants.gov prior to final approval. Once the 'submit to S2S' button is clicked it will transmit the proposal via S2S to Grants.gov or Research.gov and take you to the Submission Details panel. The S2S action can only be done once on a proposal.
NOTE: the 'submit to sponsor' button and the 'submit to S2S' button will both be available in the proposal upon routing. The 'submit to sponsor' button will generate the IP and then the 'submit to S2S' will still be present after the IP generation to submit to GG separately if desired. Or if you want to do both actions in one button click you can click the 'submit to S2S' to generate the IP and then submit to GG.
Upon clicking the 'submit to S2S' button on the Proposal Actions tab the system will refresh you to the Submission Details panel of the S2S Lookup tab in the proposal. It will populate with the submission information and and explanation of the information is below.
- Received Date: The date and time Grants.gov received the proposal application; this is the official timestamp for the submission.
- Last Modified Date: The date and time that Kuali last updated this application status as most recently updated by Grants.Gov.
- Status: The state of the proposal submission (for example, ‘Submitted to Grants.Gov’) at Grants.Gov. Additional information regarding the status of the application. For instance, this may include an explanation of the “rejected with errors” status. This displays the current status of the submission.
- S2S Tracking Id: The number assigned by Grant.gov or Research.gov upon successful submission of the proposal, this is the assigned number for the proposal submission.
- Agency Tracking Id: A tracking number assigned by the sponsor agency, if applicable. After the agency receives the application, they will assign their own tracking number for the proposal.
- Comments: This displays the current status of the proposal submission.
- Grant Submission Package: Will pull down the compile PDF forms directly from Grants.gov after submit.
- Grant Application XML: This link allows you to view the XML of the submitted application.
- Attachments: The filename of any attached document files are displayed. This serves as a list of forms and attachments that you successfully submitted to grants.gov. If the application contained any attachments to accompany the included forms, they would be listed in this section.
- Refresh button: Click the refresh button to update the display of submission details, which become available after the proposal is submitted.
After the proposal is submitted Grants.gov will send confirmation emails to the established s2s license address you set up initially when the Grants.gov certificate registration is done. These are the same validation emails you would receive if doing a live Adobe package submission to Grants.gov. The four emails you could receive are as follows (the agency tracking as applicable to agency):
- Grants.gov Submission Receipt
- Grants.gov Submission Validation Receipt for Application
- Grants.gov Grantor Agency Retrieval Receipt for Application
- Grants.gov Agency Tracking Number Assignment for Application
A sample of the initial submission receipt email is below with the submission information provided in the email please notice the Application Name which will always reference the Kuali Proposal Number for easy reference
View S2S Submissions
Within the Research tab you can also search for the S2S submissions for your institution via the View S2S Submissions option:
This will allow you to search on a number of criteria to narrow down your results or get a better picture of your S2S activity as an institution and access the record via the 'submission details', 'view', or 'medusa' buttons.