SF 424 Form
The Grants.gov SF424 (non R&R) form can transmit the necessary cover page information and attachments required for your application. You should check your program announcement for instructions on how to complete the form and which attachments should be included (and the formatted associated with the attachments). Information for this form is populated from several areas in Kuali Research. Below outlines how to add the necessary attachments and other information in Kuali Research to map to the given fields in the form.
Once a Grants.gov opportunity containing the SF424 form is attached and marked as included in your federally-sponsored proposal you can upload the necessary attachments and complete the proposal information to populate/map the necessary information for each section of the form. This form is supported by the GG S2S Questionnaire to map information so this must be completed prior to print/submit.
1. Type of Submission -
Type is pulled from the Submission Type selected in the Opportunity panel of the S2S Opportunity Search tab - the default selection is 'Application' but other options of 'Changed/Corrected' and 'PreProposal' Available'.
2. Type of Application - Mapped from the Proposal Type selected in the Proposal dropdown.
If Revision - Dropdown selection of S2S Revision Type in the Opportunity panel of S2S Opportunity Search tab. If Other is selected from dropdown you can manually input the revision type.
3. Date Received - Populated with todays date prior to submission but will map date submitted after the submit to sponsor action.
4. Applicant Identifier - Populated with the proposal number.
5a. Federal Entity Identifier - Not required and not populated.
5b. Federal Award Identifier - If Changed/Corrected it is populated from the Prev Grants.gov Tracking ID field in the Sponsor & Program Information panel of Proposal. If other proposal type it will pull from the value input in the Sponsor Proposal ID field in Sponsor & Program Information panel.
6. Date Received by State - Not required and not populated.
7. State Application Identifier - Not required and not populated.
8. APPLICANT INFORMATION
This information is maintained centrally for the institution and pulls from the associated Organization record for the Institution (typically the 000001 entry). The Address information comes from the Address Book entry contact associated with the Organization record. The Department will be the Lead Unit of the proposal. The Applicant Division will map the unit above the Lead Unit (or if it's at the top level it will just repeat the same unit).
f. Name and contact information of person to be contacted - This will be the Principal Investigator's information.
9. Type of Application - Pulled from the Organization record for the institution at the top level of the hierarchy (000001).
10. Name of Federal Agency - Data populated from sponsor selected in proposal.
11. Catalogue of Federal Domestic Agency - Data populated from either user entry or the selected Grants.gov Opportunity.
12. Funding Opportunity Number - Data populated from either the user entry, or the selected Grants.gov Opportunity.
13. Competition Identification Number - Data populated from either the user entry, or the selected Grants.gov Opportunity.
14. Areas Affected by Project - Attachment pulled from Narrative Type: SF424V21_Areas_Affected (ID 135).
15. Descriptive Title of Applicant's Project - Pulled from the Title in the Proposal Details. If additional supporting documents are required you can attach using Proposal Narrative Type: SF424V2_AdditionalProjectTitle (ID 41), multiples allowed.
16. Congressional Districts - Pulled from the Organization record; do not need to enter unless you manually change in the proposal. Attach Supporting Documents: Upload Proposal Narrative Type: SF424V2_AdditionalCongressionalDistricts (ID 42)
17. Proposed Project Start/End Date - Pulled from the Project Dates in the Proposal Details tab of the proposal.
18. Estimated Funding
a. Federal - Total amount from the proposal budget included for submission in the proposal.
b. Applicant - If cost share is included in the proposal budget it will map here.
c. State - Not populated.
d. Local - Not populated.
e. Other - Not populated.
f. Program Income - If program income is added to the proposal budget it will map here.
g. TOTAL - Total amount.
19. Is Application Subject to Review By State Under Executive Order 12372 Process - Pulled from responses to the S2S Questionnaire in the proposal (Question IDs: 129, 130, 131)
20. Is the Applicant Delinquent On Any Federal Debt? - Users do not need to enter, comes from Organizational YNQ: I7
21. I AGREE statement - This field will be checked upon approval.
Authorized Representative - The AOR information has mapping logic before and after the 'submit to sponsor' action on the proposal. Prior to the submit to sponsor action and Institutional Proposal generation the AOR information will map the Address Book Contact associated with the Organization record. After the 'submit to sponsor' action it will map the Person information from the user that took that 'submit to sponsor' action - typically a person from the Sponsored Projects office that has the appropriate submit permissions.
- After successfully adding the necessary information go to the S2S Opportunity Search tab -> Forms panel
- Check the SF424 form in the select column and click the 'Create PDF' button
- Also, if this form needs to be included in the submission remember to check the 'Include' checkbox prior to final submission to Grants.gov.
- Upon Print and/or Submission the form will populate like described above with the referenced attachments appended behind the form.
Related Maintenance Table(s)
- Address Book
- Unit Administrator