PHS 398 Training Subaward Budget Form
The Grants.gov PHS 398 Training Subaward Budget form can transmit up to 30 subaward budget files required for your application. Training Subaward budgets must conform to the same sponsor rules and requirements as the primary applicant budget. Please reference your sponsor’s submission guidelines for specific details. Below outlines how to add the necessary subaward attachments in Kuali Research to map to training subaward budget form.
Once a Grants.gov opportunity containing the PHS 398 Training Subaward Budget form is attached and marked as included in your federally-sponsored proposal you can follow the following instructions to populate/map the necessary subaward attachments.
First, the PHS 398 Training Subaward attachment must be extracted for completion. Locate and download an appropriate NIH training grant opportunity from the Grants.gov website - within the Adobe opportunity PHS 398 Training Subaward Attachment form you can click on the below button to save a copy:
Once extracted you need to complete the required budget entries – subaward budget requirements are identical to those of the proposal lead budget. Please be aware of the following:
- The extracted budget file for Subawards must be checked as “Subaward/Consortium”
- Training Subaward budgets must conform to the same sponsor rules and requirements as the primary applicant budget. Please reference your sponsor’s submission guidelines for specific details. Once the form is completed, the file can be uploaded in the KC Budget Subaward screen.
Once completed the file can be uploaded in the Kuali proposal budget Subawards panel by doing the following:
- Navigate to the Kuali Research Budget tab -> Subawards panel
- Select the +Add Subaward button
Within the Add Subaward window you will need to lookup the associated Organization for the Subawardee, attach the completed extracted subaward file, and add Comments as desired:
Once you click the 'Add Subaward' button it will add the subaward and extract the associated budget details and add subaward line items to the detailed budget. After the Subaward line is added you can click the 'Details' to see more detail and have more options to edit, delete, replace, etc. If deleted it will also delete the associated subaward line items in the budget.
Repeat the above steps for any additional subaward attachments you need to add and please refer to your program announcement for instructions on the subaward requirements for the application. After adding the Training Subaward budgets this information will automatically populate the PHS 398 Training Subaward Budget form.
- After successfully uploading the subaward attachment(s) go to the S2S Opportunity Search tab -> Forms panel
- Check the PHS398_TrainingSubawardBudget form in the select column and click the 'Create PDF' button
- Also, if this form needs to be included in the submission remember to check the 'Include' checkbox prior to final submission to Grants.gov.
- Upon Print and/or Submission the form will populate a cover page listing the subaward budgets with the referenced attachments appended behind the form.