PHS 398 Research Training Program Plan Form
The Grants.gov PHS 398 Research Plan form can transmit the necessary files required for your application. You should check your program announcement for instructions on which attachments should be included and the formatting of those attachments. Below outlines how to add the necessary attachments in Kuali to map to the given attachment field in the form.
Once a Grants.gov opportunity containing the PHS 398 Research Plan form is attached and marked as included in your federally-sponsored proposal you can follow the following instructions to populate/map the necessary attachments.
- Navigate to the Kuali Research Attachments tab -> Proposal panel
- Select the +Add button to create a new attachment
- Select the desired Attachment Type associated with this form - all start with 'PHS_ResearchPlan' or 'PHS_ResPlan'
- For example, choose 'PHS_ResearchPlan_ResearchStrategy' which is the one mandatory attachment required prior to print/submit
- Select Status of 'Complete'
- Enter a Description (optional if attachment type doesn't allow multiple)
- Upload the desired Attachment
- Click 'Save'
Repeat the above steps for the additional attachments you need to add to this form and please refer to your program announcement for instructions on the files required for the application. The below chart outlines the Attachment Types that map to the associated section in the form.
|Form Section||Kuali Attachment Type||
Kuali Narrative Type ID
|1. Introduction to Application
(for RESUBMISSION or REVISION only)
2. Specific Aims
3. *Research Strategy
4. Progress Report Publication List
5. Vertebrate Animals
6. Select Agent Research
7. Multiple PD/PI Leadership Plan
8. Consortium/Contractual Arrangements
9. Letters of Support
10. Resource Sharing Plan(s)
11. Authentication of Key Biological and/or Chemical Resources
- After successfully uploading the attachment(s) go to the S2S Opportunity Search tab -> Forms panel
- Check the PHS398_ResearchPlan form in the select column and click the 'Create PDF' button
- Also, if this form needs to be included in the submission remember to check the 'Include' checkbox prior to final submission to Grants.gov.
- Upon Print and/or Submission the form will populate like below with the referenced attachments appended behind the form.