Project Narrative Form
The Grants.gov Project form (aka Project Narrative Attachment form) has the capacity to transmit up to fifteen (100) individual files. In Kuali Research the Narrative Type used to populate this form is the 'Proposal_Attachments' Type - which is Proposal Narrative Type ID 53 that allows multiple attachments of the same Type. Since the Proposal_Attachment Narrative Type allows multiples the Description will be required to differentiate the uploaded files. Whatever is entered as the Description when uploading these attachments will map as the file name(s) in the Project form.
Once a Grants.gov opportunity containing the Project form is attached in your federally-sponsored proposal you can follow the following instructions to populate/map the necessary attachments.
- Navigate to the Kuali Research Attachments tab -> Proposal panel
- Select the +Add button to create a new attachment
- Select the Attachment Type of 'Proposal_Attachment'
- Select Status of 'Complete'
- Enter a Description - which will map as the File Name in the form
- Upload the desired Attachment
- Click 'Save'
- After successfully uploading the attachment(s) go to the S2S Opportunity Search tab -> Forms panel
- Check the Project Narrative form in the select column and click the 'Create PDF' button
- Also, if this form needs to be included in the submission remember to check the 'Include' checkbox prior to final submission to Grants.gov.
- Upon Print and/or Submission the Attachments form will populate like below with all referenced attachments appended behind the form.
Sponsors may request a non-PDF file type for this attachment. The file will be transmitted, but only PDF files are able to be previewed with the Grants.gov S2S Form when printed.
To avoid errors at Grants.gov or your sponsor follow the program announcement instructions regarding the proper file name and format. If no instructions are provided, we recommend using the following guidance for the Description and File Name:
- The file name and Description should be unique to each upload for this Attachment Type.
- The file name should not contain ANY special characters, as other characters or symbols will cause errors in transmission.
- Use only Numbers 0-9, Uppercase A-Z, or lowercase a-z, Periods (.), dashes (-), and underscores (_)
Current Version: Project_1_2-V1.2
Past Version(s): Project V1-0, Project V1-1