ED SF424 Supplement Form
The Grants.gov ED SF424 Supplement form maps information from a number of areas in the Kuali Research system, see below sections for further detail on the mapping logic. This form also allows you to transmit one attachment file to the sponsor and in Kuali Research the Narrative Type used to populate this form is the 'ED_SF424_Supplement_Attachment' Type - which is Proposal Narrative Type ID 54. Whatever is entered as the Description when uploading this attachment will map as the file name in the form. This form is also supported by the Grants.gov S2S Questionnaire; Question ID 133.
1. Project Director: The Principal Investigator for the proposal will be listed as the Project Director on this form; the proposal person contact details will publish to the form: Address, Telephone, Fax, Email.
2. Applicant Experience: This comes from the S2S mandatory questionnaire question (ID 133) 'Is assistance being requested under a program that gives special consideration to novice applicants?'. Available answers are Yes, No, Not Applicable.
3. Human Subjects Research: Kuali will check the Compliance section in the proposal to determine if a human subject special review has been added.
a. 'Are any research activities involving human subjects planned at any time during the proposed project Period?' - will be marked Yes only if special review type code is 1 in present in the proposal.
b. 'Are ALL the research activities proposed designated to be exempt from the regulations?' - if special review approval status code is 4 'Exempt' it will set this answer to “Yes”, and get exemption numbers from the special review Exempt # field. If Exemption is “No”, we will get the Assurance number from the proposal‘s Organization record. Please attach an explanation Narrative
c. "Exempt Research" or "Nonexempt Research" narrative - only required if Human Subjects is 'Yes' and uses the ED_SF424_Supplement_Attachment attachment type. Once a Grants.gov opportunity containing the ED Abstract form is attached in your federally-sponsored proposal you can follow the following instructions to populate/map the attachment.
- Navigate to the Kuali Research Attachments tab -> Proposal panel
- Select the +Add button to create a new attachment
- Select the Attachment Type of 'ED_SF424_Supplement_Attachment'
- Select Status of 'Complete'
- Enter a Description - which will map as the File Name in the form
- Upload the desired Attachment
- Click 'Save'
- After successfully uploading the attachment(s) go to the S2S Opportunity Search tab -> Forms panel
- Check the ED_SF424 Supplement form in the select column and click the 'Create PDF' button
- Also, if this form needs to be included in the submission remember to check the 'Include' checkbox prior to final submission to Grants.gov.
- Upon Print and/or Submission the form will populate like below with the referenced attachment appended behind the form.
Sponsors may request a non-PDF file type for this attachment. The file will be transmitted, but only PDF files are able to be previewed with the Grants.gov S2S Form when printed.
To avoid errors at Grants.gov or your sponsor follow the program announcement instructions regarding the proper file name and format. If no instructions are provided, we recommend using the following guidance for the Description and File Name:
- The file name and Description should be unique to each upload for this Attachment Type.
- The file name should not contain ANY special characters, as other characters or symbols will cause errors in transmission.
- Use only Numbers 0-9, Uppercase A-Z, or lowercase a-z, Periods (.), dashes (-), and underscores (_)
Current Version: ED_SF424_Supplement-V1.3
Prior Version(s): ED_SF424_Supplement-V1.0, ED_SF424_Supplement-V1.1