This screen is used to upload Grants.gov Adobe forms to support submissions where mandatory or optional forms have not been programmed and mapped to Kuali Research data. This allows you to use Kuali Research for any S2S opportunity even when certain forms are not supported by the system. If it's a mandatory form for the opportunity you'll need to add the user attached form first and then link the opportunity.
The user attached form functionality can also be used to upload a form that is supported by the system but you want to complete it differently than how the system generates - this is available for most system supported forms. If you upload a form as a user attached it will then display in the forms list as 'user attached' and transmit the user attached form version via system-2-system instead of the system generated version.
Individual fillable forms to be used as user attached can be downloaded from the Forms tab within the S2S Opportunity tab of the Kuali Research proposal. When you click on the link for the desired form it will pull the form directly from Grants.gov Forms and download the PDF to be completed. If you need to download a required form and complete before attaching the opportunity you can find the form directly under Forms in the Grants.gov website (download the PDF, complete, upload).
Adding User Attached Forms
Within the User Attached Forms panel of the S2S Opportunity Search tab of a proposal you can add desired User Attached Forms for S2S submissions. Using the 'Add User Attached Form' button you can add a completed unstitched PDF form to transmit along with your GG opportunity. After clicking on the add button you will need to complete the Description and choose a file from your computer to upload and then click Add.
After upload it will display the added forms and any attachments included in the form will be listed below (which are clickable if you want to view them individually). In the Actions dropdown for each form you can do the following:
- View XML: Opens a separate browser window to view the XML code for this form
- View PDF: Preview the uploaded form
- Edit: Makes the Description field editable, and then click Actions > Save
If you need to remove the user attached form you can click on the trash can icon to delete.
- Make sure to use the same version of the unstitched form that is present in the funding opportunity - uploading/transmitting the incorrect version of the form can cause errors upon submission.
- Only upload unstitched fillable PDF forms that you've downloaded from the GG form site given above.
- Be sure to always follow the RFP instructions for form completion and guidance
- Make sure the attachment file types included in the user attached forms (if present) follow the RFP instructions and do not upload PDFs that are secured that prevent view.
- If an opportunity has forms supported by Kuali Research and then you upload one of these supported forms as a user attached it will show as user attached in the forms list of the opportunity - be aware that some supported forms cannot be user attached but will throw validation errors when attempting to upload as a user attached form.