As a COI administrator in Form Designer COI you can configure the Project Requirements settings that affect the project functionality of the COI module and what requires disclosure from your faculty. These project requirement configurations relate to projects that can be pushed from the Kuali Research modules or Custom Projects that can be manually entered by a user in their disclosure. To fully utilize project functionality you must also incorporate projects in your template; see the COI - Template - Project Gadgets article for more information on that setup. More information on how to use the project requirements configuration can be found below.
If not using Kuali Research for Sponsored Programs projects you can also configure project push from an external system; more information on this can be found in the COI - Project Integration with External System article.
Navigating to Project Requirements
Users assigned to Administrator role(s) have access to the Project Requirements option in the Configuration menu.
In the Project Requirements menu you have option to configure what projects will require a disclosure update (from the Sponsored Projects system and manually entered projects).
The following columns appear in this section:
- Actions - Available actions for the Project; these actions are explained below. Custom Projects have more configurability since they aren't being pulled from the Research modules.
- Project Type - The Project Type is configurable in Custom Projects but is set automatically for the Projects integrated from the Sponsored Projects system (Proposal, Institutional Proposal, IRB Protocol, IACUC Protocol, Award).
- Active Status - Allows you to activate the project requirement which makes it available in either the manual project options or will cause requirements for disclosures related to integrated projects from the Research modules. Also depends on the specific roles/statuses you've configured in each on what gets triggered for disclosure.
- Custom Type - Indicates whether it's a custom type for manual project entry or one related to Sponsored Projects integrated projects.
- Added in disclosure - This relates to the 'Project will be entered directly in a disclosure' option that is available only to Custom Projects. If it's checked it will be marked as Yes in this column which means that the manual project will be entered by the reporter directly in the disclosure; instead of by a COI Admin in Manage Projects.
If you make any updates you will need to click the 'Save' button for the changes to take effect.
Using Project Requirements
In the list of Project Requirements you will notice two different types - Custom Project Types and regular Projects. The Custom Project Types are ones that are allowed to be entered by either the end user or an admin manually for a disclosure. Whereas, regular non-custom projects are ones that come over via the integration from the Kuali Research Sponsored Projects system which only applies if you utilize the other Kuali Research modules.
Using the Add Custom Project Types button to create your options.
Within the entry you have the following attributes to configure:
- Project Type - The Type of Project (i.e. purchase order, gift, etc.)
- Project will be entered directly in a disclosure - If checked, the manual project will be entered by the reporter directly in the disclosure. If not checked, the manual project can only be entered by a COI Admin using the Manage Projects screen. More information on this functionality can be found in the COI - Manage Projects article.
- Role Code - These are the roles that you want to be available for selection when a Custom Project Type is created. Be aware, you MUST have one role with code of PI for the Principal Investigator; it can have any description.
- Status Description - These are the statuses available to reflect the status of the project (i.e. Active, Closed, etc.)
Once the Customer Project is saved/created you'll notice you have a pencil icon (edit Roles and Statuses), gear icon (configure Project Type), or trash can icon (delete; only allowed if inactive and never activated). Once a Customer Project Type is created you can then configure the Roles and Statuses that are active for the type.
- Sponsor Hierarchies - Typically left blank for custom project types. The Sponsor Hierarchy comes from Sponsored Projects system; if present it will only display manually created projects that have a sponsor from the specified sponsor hierarchy.
- Roles - Options available are the ones created in config and you can toggle them as active or not active in the custom project.
- Statuses - Options available are the ones created in config and you can toggle them as active or not active in the custom project.
Projects from Kuali Research modules
For non-custom projects that automatically come from the other Kuali Research modules this integration can be activated/deactivated and the associated Roles/Statuses can be edited via the pencil icon. These options will always be available in the Project Requirements screen and they cannot be removed. You can toggle on whether they're Active via the Active Status column. Upon edit you can configure the logic around these projects and what will be required for disclosure.
Enable/Disable Roles and Statuses
- Sponsor Hierarchies - The Sponsor Hierarchy comes from maintenance table in the Sponsored Projects system; if present it will only require projects that have a sponsor from the specified sponsor hierarchy.
- Roles - Available options will feed over from the Proposal Award Person Role maintenance table from the Sponsored Projects system. If Role is checked, it will include the project in a user's disclosure if they're added to that project type in the specified role.
- Statuses - Available options will feed over from the associated module statuses. If Status is checked, it will include the project for the user if they're listed in the configured role and the project has that specified status.