The Manage Projects section in the menu will display to all COI Admins and gives the option of manual entry of projects to push to associated user's disclosures. These manually created custom projects are projects not being pushed over from other Kuali Research modules and may not be externally funded Sponsored Projects but you still want faculty to disclose upon (i.e. Gifts, Purchase Orders, etc.). This screen allows COI Admins create Custom Projects configured in the Project Requirements that have the 'Project will be entered directly in a disclosure' unchecked; more information on that configuration can be found in the COI - Configuration - Project Requirements article. These custom projects must also be incorporated in the template with the 'Ad Hoc project' gadget; more information on configuring custom projects in a template can be found in the and COI - Template - Project Gadgets article.
The Manage Projects screen gives COI Admin the option to +Add a project and also view all previously created custom projects. There is also filter options to narrow down the results by a number of criteria and the option to download the list if needed to CSV.
The COI Admin can also open and update the existing Project information or inactivate if it's no longer current and it won't be included in the user(s) disclosure.
If the COI Admin wants to create a new project they can via the +Add a project button.
The new Custom Project can then be completed with the below fields.
- Project Title - The title for the given project can be entered.
- Project Identifier - The system will automatically assign a value but this can be updated to any project number you desired (i.e. award number, sponsor identifier, etc.)
- Type Code - These are the Custom Project Types that are configured in the Project Requirements of Configuration.
- Status - These are the Statuses that are configured for the Custom Project Type within the Project Requirements of Configuration.
- Start Date - The Start Date of the project can be entered.
- End Date - The End Date of the project can be entered.
- Persons - All persons associated with the project can be added here (with the associated roles configured for the Custom Project Type within the Project Requirements of Configuration. All users specified will then have the manual project included in their disclosure so it can be included in the review process.
Once the entry is complete you will have the Save or Cancel options.
Save will save the entry (or updates to an existing project) and push the project to all included user's disclosures. If cancel is selected it will discard the new project or changes to an existing project.