The Subaward Actions tab allows you to take a number of actions in the subaward record including doing the submit action to finalize the Subaward version. Below describes the various panels in the Subaward Actions tab and their function.
The Data Validation panel in Subaward behaves as the other validation panels in other modules where it allows you to turn on a system check to see if any errors or warnings exist in the document that require attention. It can be turned on and off at any time but errors must be addressed prior to submit; warnings don't have to be fixed but are there to bring attention to possible areas of concern or reminders.
Once enabled the errors/warnings will have a fix it link to take you to the affected area to make the necessary updates. Once you address the issue and save the error/warning will be removed from the list of validations.
The Print panel in Subaward is where you can print FDP forms and make desired selections on what attachments to include in the PDF output. Be aware that the Enable_Subaward_FDP parameter must be enabled for the Print panel to be display.
More information on the Template tab and how it maps for form printing can be found in the Template & FDP Form Printing article.
Like all Route Log information in Kuali Research this panel will display the status of the document in its workflow path including Actions Taken, Pending Action Requests, and Future Action Requests. If no workflow is configured the Future Action Requests panel will be blank. The refresh button in the top righthand corner of the document allows you to refresh the information.
The Notifications panel will provide an audit log of all ad hoc notifications sent in the Subaward via the send notifications button on the Subaward Actions tab. This includes the timestamp, recipient(s), Subject, and Message of the email sent.
The action buttons available will be determined by the level of permissions you've been granted in the Subaward module.
- send notification: Allows you to send an ad hoc notification to a a single or multiple roles, employees, or non-employees. The default text in this ad-hoc notification is pulled from the ad hoc notification for Subaward in the Notifications maintenance table. The recipients, Subject, and Message of the email can all be modified. Once sent these notifications are tracked in the Notifications panel described above.
- submit: When the subaward record is complete you can click the submit button. If there is no workflow configured for the subaward module then the document will go to FINAL status. If workflow is configured or you've added ad-hoc recipients it will submit into workflow to the first stop for review/approval.
- save: Will save the record with any changes made since the last save; navigation within the subaward record (from tab to tab) will also automatically save.
- reload: will reload the record back to the last save; so anything added after will be lost/removed.
- blanket approve: If no workflow exists this button will do the same as submit, however, if you have workflow the blanket approve will bypass workflow and finalize the document.
- close: It will close the record and return you to the main menu. If record is in progress and in edit mode it will give you a save prompt ; once closed it will remove the document lock on the subaward edit by that user.