There are multiple ways to save a document in the Kuali Research system. When working in a multi-tab document the system will save for the user as they navigate through the system, but it is also possible to execute a manual save in a Sponsored Projects document. Manual saves are sometimes necessary to trigger certain functionality, but otherwise leveraging the navigational save can minimize wait times for users and streamline the process of completing a document.
Saving in Proposal Development
A Proposal Development document will save when the following actions are taken.
- When the user presses the Save or Save and Continue button at the bottom of the screen.
- When the user navigates from one page to another page.
- When the user opens a budget, or returns to the proposal from a budget.
Saving in IP, Award, and Subaward
An IP, Award, or Subaward document will save when you take the following actions
- When the user presses the Save button at the bottom of the screen
- When the user navigates from one tab to another
- When the user opens a budget or returns to the award from a budget
Saving in Negotiation
Since the Negotiation document only has one page there is no automatic save when the user navigates between different tabs or pages in Negotiation. So it is important for the user to remember to manually save using the Save button at the bottom of the screen on a regular basis.
Executing Manual Saves
There are a few instances in the system when a manual save is required to prompt certain application behavior. If COI integration is turned on in the module you are working with, then COI information will only display on the Personnel page once you have added a person, and saved the document. So if you need to review COI information before moving to another section of the document you will need to execute a manual save.
When changing the Lead Unit in an IP or Award document a manual save is required before syncing Unit Contacts.