The workflow preferences in Kuali Research allows a user to configure how their Action List displays and email preferences for workflow notifications. The preferences option can be accessed one of two ways in the Kuali Research portal. The first is via the Researcher tab on the main dashboard under the Workflow section you can click on Preferences:
Or if you are in your Action List you will have the below preferences button in the top righthand corner:
Within the Workflow Preferences there are a number of sections where you can customize the look and feel of your Action List and what kind of of workflow actions you will receive notifications. Any changes to preferences will only affect that particular user's Action List and email notifications.
- Automatic Refresh Rate: How often the Action List will automatically refresh the list without a user taking action or manually refreshing the page. Default is 15 minutes.
- Action List Page Size: Will dictate the number of results that display in your Action List on one page. The default value is 10.
- Delegator Filter: Select one of the following options from the list as desired: Secondary Delegators on Action List Page (default), or Secondary Delegators only on Filter Page. By default the secondary delegator requests will show in your Action List but if you choose only on Filter Page they will only appear if you enter into a Filtered view of your Action List (via Filter options).
- Primary Delegator Filter: Select one of the following options from the list as desired: Primary Delegators on Action List Page (default), or Primary Delegators only on Filter Page. By default the primary delegator requests will show in your Action List but if you choose only on Filter Page they will only appear if you enter into a Filtered view of your Action List (via Filter options).
Fields Displayed in Action List
The Fields Displayed In Action List section of the Workflow Preferences screen allows you to enable or disable individual columns that are displayed on the Action List screen.
Document Route Status Colors for Actionlist Entries
This section of the Workflow Preferences screen allows you to selectively color Action Requests based on the Route Status. Click one of the color options for each document route status. The row containing the document of the status is displayed in the color of your choice in the Action List.
Email Notification Preferences
Within the email preferences you can configure what notifications you receive by the following options:
- Receive Primary Delegate Emails: When checked, you will receive emails when you are a primary delegate in workflow.
- Receive Secondary Delegate Emails: When checked, you will receive emails when you are a secondary delegate in workflow.
- Default Email Notification: Gives you frequency options of how often you want to receive all workflow emails; Immediate (default), Weekly, Daily, or None. Immediate will send emails out instantly, whereas, the Daily and Weekly options will send out a digest email for all actions in the Action list on either a daily or weekly basis. The None option will send no notification emails.
- Document Type Notifications: Gives you the option to make email frequency configurations on specific document types as Immediate, Weekly, Daily, or None. For example, you could add entries to receive immediate email notification on ProposalDevelopmentDocument workflow actions but no email notifications for AwardDocument workflow actions.
- Send Email Notifications For: Can select which workflow actions you want to receive notifications about (Complete, Approve, Acknowledge, FYI).
At the bottom of Preferences page the action buttons allow you to save any updates, reset to the original defaults, or cancel and return to the research portal. Any updates to your workflow preferences and email settings must be saved before they take affect.