The Forms-H updates to System-to-system forms updates are complete and available for use in funding opportunities with due date on or after January 25, 2022
NIH Notice - NOT-OD-22-195
NIH Notice NOT-OD-22-195 announced the new “NIH “Forms-H” Grant Application Forms and Instructions Coming for Due Dates on or after January 25, 2023”. Customers can refer to the changes listed in this High-level Summary of Form Changes in FORMS-H Application Packages document.
Applicants must use FORMS-H application packages for due dates on or after January 25, 2023 and must use FORMS-G application packages for due dates on or before January 24, 2023. Applications submitted using the wrong forms for their intended due date may be withdrawn and removed from funding consideration.
Availability of FORMS-H Application Guides
Application guides for FORMS-H application packages will be posted to the How to Apply - Application Guide page no later than October 25, 2022.
Forms Repository (https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/forms/forms-repository.html)
The forms repository contains copies of the federal forms currently used by awarding agencies to create grant application packages in Grants.gov, forms for post-award reporting, and forms that have been retired from the system. These include both government-wide and agency-specific forms.
Note: We are only updating forms that Kuali currently supports. A current list of all supported forms can be found in the S2S - Supported Forms article.
More Information on the Forms that Updated
- PHS 398 Career Development Award Supplemental Form 6.0: New attachment 17. Other Plan(s), change in attachment numbering, and expiration date update. In Kuali we added new Narrative Type 190 of 'PHS_CareerDevelopmentAwardSupplement_Other_Plans'.
- PHS 398 Research Plan 5.0: New attachment 11. Other Plan(s), change in attachment numbering, and expiration date update. In Kuali we added new Narrative Type 192 of 'PHS_ResearchPlan_Other_Plans'.
- PHS 398 Research Training Program Plan 5.0: New attachment 13. Other Plan(s), change in attachment numbering, and expiration date update. In Kuali we added new Narrative Type 193 of 'PHS_ResearchTrainingProgramPlan_Other_Plans'.
- PHS Fellowship Supplemental Form 7.0: New attachment 17. Other Plan(s), change in attachment numbering, and expiration date update. In Kuali we added new Narrative Type 191 of 'PHS_Fellowship_Supplemental_Other_Plans'.
- RR Budget: Within section F. Other Direct Costs, NIH added instructions for NIH applications submitting a Data Management and Sharing Plan. "Data Management and Sharing Costs" must be noted as a single line item in Other Direct Costs if an attachment of 'Other Plan(s)' is included in the Research Plan or Career Dev form. In Kuali we added object code DMSC0001 'Data Management and Sharing Costs' for this purpose. If the user does not add the new object code to their budget, they receive an error like the following from the NIH Validation Service:
If a user does not add the new object code to their budget, they receive the following NIH Validation Service error message: RR_Budget - 020.45.1 - 1706 - An entry labeled "Data Management and Sharing Costs" must be entered in the Other Direct Cost section F of the R&R Budget form since an attachment has been uploaded to the Other Plan(s) section of the PHS 398 Research Plan Form.
Please note, the new object code (DMSC0001) was automatically mapped to the MTDC rate applied in the Valid Cost Element table. If you desire other rates (i.e. inflation) to be applied to this new object code you will need to manually apply. Also, this object code was added without a Unit Number associated so it won't show up by default in the Object Code Name dropdown; a user would have to select Other Category Type, then 'Data Management and Sharing Costs' in Category, and finally 'Data Management and Sharing Costs' in Object Code. If you want this to appear in the Object Code Name dropdown by default you can add the top level hierarchy unit (000001) to the object code.
- PHS 398 Cover Page Supplement: Expiration date update only.
- PHS 398 Modular Budget: Expiration date only with updates to instructions for attachments.
- PHS 398 Training Budget: Expiration date updates only.
- PHS 398 Training Subaward Budget: Expiration date update only.
- PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trial Information: Expiration date update only.
Updates to Forms - for Non-Hosted Customers
For on-premise implementations, below is the list of pull requests required for the new forms. All hosted SAAS customers already have these updates applied automatically in their environments.
If you have any questions or need assistance please submit a support ticket.