The Kuali Research Dashboard provides configuration options to display or hide various pieces of the dashboard at a global or user specific level. Below outlines how to enable the entire dashboard UI, Proposal Workload Assignment card, and also the different configuration options within the dashboard at a global/user level.
More information on using the Kuali Research Dashboard can be found in the Dashboard section of the knowledge base.
NOTE: On premise implementers will also need Core to run the new dashboard.
The Configuration link on the left sidebar allows you to configure what displays at a global level in the rest of the Kuali Research interface for all users. Users with Admin in their Core user profile will have access to the Configuration tab option in the sidebar.
Within the Configuration you can toggle on/off certain sections of options that display in the Common Tasks, All Links, and Dashboard Home sections of the dashboard. For hosted customers, some sections may not be accessible by default based on their subscription of services.
User Specific Configuration
Within the Dashboard Home link individual users can set their own preferences of what displays in the Dashboard Main sections.
The Show/hide sections button in the top righthand corner gives users a toggle window to display what's in their personal Dashboard Main page. These settings only apply to the specific user.
To enable the new Kuali Research dashboard and the Proposal Workload Assignments functionality the below parameters must be set appropriately.
- Dashboard_Mode_Enabled - Set to true to enable the new Kuali Research dashboard interface.
- SAVE_WORKFLOW_SIMULATION_RESULT_ON_WORKFLOW_ACTION - Set to true to enable the Proposal Workload Assignments card functionality in the dashboard.
- WORKFLOW_SIMULATION_BATCH_JOB_CRON_EXPRESSION - Parameter is a cron expression to determine when the schedule of the workflow documents simulator job occurs; default value for this parameter is 0 0 0 * * ? which will execute at 12 AM on each day.
- WORKFLOW_SIMULATION_BATCH_JOB_CRON_START_TIME - Parameter is a cron expression to determine when the schedule of the workflow documents simulator job starts for the Proposal Workload Assignments card. The default (and recommended) value for this parameter is null (empty), at which point the schedule will take effect immediately and the job sets the start time to the current time when Kuali starts up.
- Workload_Balancing_Priority_Stop - To specify the Route Stop number where you would like to have the Assigned Approver edit ability in the Proposal Workload Assignments card in the dashboard. Default is 100.
- WORKFLOW_SIMULATION_JOB_ON - Set to true to enable the workflow documents simulator job required for the Proposal Workload Assignments card in the dashboard.
The Proposal Workload Assignments card available in the Dashboard gives users with the appropriate permission the ability to assign proposals to individuals in a specified workflow stop. More information on using this functionality can be found in the Dashboard Home article. To have the assign ability in the Proposal Workload Assignments users must have the Permission 'Assign Proposal Development Workload Approver' (RESBOOT-1008) - this permission is automatically included in the OSP Administrator role.