New Advanced Filter and Search
Based on great user feedback in customer design sessions and user group meetings we have redesigned how the search and filtering functionality works throughout Kuali Research Protocols. The new lookup options will streamline the look/feel of searching, provide a much larger set of search criteria, improve quick searches, add export to csv option, and facilitate overall reporting from the system.
A high level overview of some of the new features/functionality:
- Quick search by Protocol Title, Protocol Number, or Protocol PI.
- Filtering directly from the fields in the protocol form for the following gadget types:
- Radio buttons
- Lead Unit
- Person Type
- Text input
- Text area
- All available filter fields are also available in the manage columns configuration to display in results.
- Searches in the Protocol form, Amendment form, Renewal Form, and Close Request form.
- Export any search results (with configured columns) to csv file.
- Filter off of dates relative to today.
- Filter option of Created At date added.
- Filter by any person associated with the protocol (not just PI).
- Option to include all versions of the protocol in the filter results to see entire history of a protocol.
A complete overview of new filter and search functionality and how to use can be found in the Protocols - Advanced Filter and Search article.
Timeline of Rollout
We've already enabled the new enhanced filtering and search in all customer SBX environments. We plan to enable across all customer PRD/STG environments in two weeks on 5/15/20. If you would like it applied earlier to your PRD please submit a support ticket and we can get it enabled. Or if you have any concerns with the rollout timeline to PRD please also submit a support ticket and we can discuss.