In Form Designer COI the 'Schedule System Jobs' in the COI Configuration dropdown allows COI Admins to set up an automated Core-Job for disclosures. Currently the jobs utilizing this service is the COI Expiration and project-settings-update. This System Jobs functionality could be utilized for additional automated services in the future.
The COI Expiration job will look for all disclosures past the Due Date configured in General Configurations and sets them to expired. Once they are set to Expired it will trigger the configured Expire Notification to notify users of expired disclosures. This COI Expiration Job is also used for triggering Expiration Reminder emails.
The project-settings-update job sets the time that project information is sent from Kuali Research Sponsored Programs monolith to populate disclosures based on your configurations in the Project Requirements.
Editing a Job
As a COI Admin, you can edit Jobs by clicking on the desired listed job and a window with details will popup so you can configure the job to best meet your institution's needs.
- Disabled - By default the job is enabled but if you want to disable the job you can click this box.
- Name - Displays the job name; this cannot be edited.
- Next Run At - This is the date that the job will run next (depending on your recurrence) but if you need to delay you can change this date to a future day (make sure not to select a date in the past)
- Time - This is the time when the job will run for future recurrences
- Frequency- How many recurrence between when each job will run (i.e 1 frequency with a recurrent of day will run 1 time every day, 2 frequency with recurrent of week will run once every 2 weeks)
- Recurrence - Along with the Frequency this will set the cadence of the job; options are hour, day, week, month, and year.
Note: In order to trigger the Expire Notifications the Expiration job will need to be enabled to set disclosures to Expired and the Expire Notification enabled in Configuration. The job will not only run to Expire past due disclosures but also trigger the Expiration Reminder Notifications. It is recommended to set at least one job at a daily interval to appropriately trigger disclosure Expirations and the Expiration Reminder notifications.