When an Institutional Proposal is linked in an Award record the status will automatically go to 'Funded'. Sometimes an Institutional Proposal was linked to an Award record in error and needs to be unlinked from the award and changed back to 'Pending' or another appropriate status. This unlinking action can only be done via an edit to the Institutional Proposal and the steps are outlined below - once unlinked it will also be removed from the Award record automatically.
Removing the Award Link
Follow the below steps to unlink an Institutional Proposal from an Award:
- Lookup and open Institutional Proposal
- Click Edit on bottom of page
- Go to the Institutional Proposal Actions tab
- Expand the Funded Awards panel
- Select the award you want to remove and then click 'unlock selected' - see below screenshot
- System will prompt you on whether you want to proceed, say 'yes'
- After page refresh the award is no longer linked and if you navigate back to the Institutional Proposal tab you'll notice the Status automatically changes back to 'Pending'
- If all edits are complete you can submit/finalize the IP version on the Institutional Proposal Actions tab
NOTE: If you have linked in an Institutional Proposal in a pending/saved Award version you cannot unlink while a pending Award version is outstanding. You can either cancel the award version or finalize and then unlock the IP after the award version is finalized.