We have heard your request to provide more granular control over the display of specific dashboard cards. To ease the transition to all schools using the dashboard January 2021 (full announcement here), card level permissions are now available and can provide a more customizable experience.
All SaaS instances now include:
- The ability for institutions to configure which cards should appear in the ‘show/hide cards’ option based on a permission (if the card is globally enabled in Dashboard Configuration).
Kuali already allowed institutions to control the institutional availability of a dashboard card in the Dashboard Configuration. Additionally, each card now has a distinct permission. By default, these permissions are included for all users in the “User” role (Kuali namespace). When a configuration has been changed to turn on a card globally, all users will see that card. If your institution wants to reserve a card for a more distinct subset of users, remove the card permission from the Kuali User role and add it to the role of the users who should see the card.
Dashboard Card Permissions:
- KC-PD: View Proposals Routing To Me Card
- KC-PD: View Proposals Not Routing Card
- KC-IP: View Institutional Proposals Work In Progress Card
- KC-AWARD: View Awards Work In Progress Card
- KC-SUBAWARD: View Subawards Work In Progress Card
- KC-NEGOTIATION: View Negotiations Card
- KC-ADM: View Proposal Workload Assignments Card
If you have any questions or need assistance please submit a support ticket.