When managing research being performed at multiple institutions it is critical to maintain consistent reporting data. The Kuali Protocols system provides a system to maintain a searchable list of Organizations for use with External Reliance, or Reviewing Institution functionality to facilitate these reporting needs.
Creating an Organization
Click on the Organizations link on the left hand navigation menu
A list of your institution's Organizations will display. You can search for an organization using the Organization filters. This interface uses the same filtering system as the Protocol Filters.
You can take the following actions on Organizations already in the system:
- You can view the details for any Organization by clicking on the name of the Organization.
- You can edit any Organization by clicking on the pencil icon on the far right of each organization listing.
- Until an Organization record is listed in a Protocol or Performance Site you can delete its record. Once an Organization has been listed in a document you can no longer delete it.
To create a new Organization press the +Add Organization button in the upper right hand corner
Complete the fields that display. The fields that are listed below as required must be included on the Organization record. All other records may vary between institutions based on your local configuration. To change the fields in your Organization records you can edit the Organization Template.
- Organization ID (required): This is the unique identifier for this Organization. It cannot be duplicated in any other Organization record. This field accepts alphanumeric characters.
- Organization Name (required): This is the official name of the Organization.
- Street Address: The first line of the primary address for the Organization.
- Address Line 2: Additional primary address information for the Organization (ex: Building, Room #, etc.)
- City: The city of the primary address for the Organization
- State: The state of the primary address for the Organization
- Zip Code: The zip code of the primary address for the Organization
- FWA: The Federal Wide Assurance for the Organization's primary Reviewing Committee.
- IRB#: The OHRP IRB number(s) of the specific IRB committees associated with this organization
- Animal Assurance: The OLAW Animal Assurance Number for the organization
Once you have completed all of the appropriate fields for your organization setup press the Save button and the Organization will be added to the system. If you don't want to save your new Organization, press the Cancel button.
Once entered, Organizations can be listed in a form by using the Organization Typeahead gadget.