System-To-System (S2S) functionality allows an institution to transmit proposals from Kuali Research to Grants.gov. In order to utilize this functionality configuration is required to obtain and setup the necessary S2S certificates. Below outlines the needed authorization steps related to these certificates. As a hosted customer Kuali will work with you directly and make the necessary technical configurations on your behalf to get this setup.
Register with Grants.gov
For Kuali to register the certificate we'll need the following information:
- Organization name
- Organization Email
- Certificate Serial Number (only if s2s connection exists in legacy system)
- Public Certificate PEM file (only if s2s connection exists in legacy system)
Grants.gov certificates will be installed in both the production and testing environments - PRD pointed at the GG PRD site and lower testing environments pointed at GG Training site. The training site will be used for testing and configuration. Those institutions who have never accessed the grants.gov training site must register at https://training.grants.gov/web/grants/register.html before they can log in and authorize the S2S certificate on the training.grants.gov website.
Once the certificate has been installed by Kuali the E-Biz point of Contact will need to log into Grants.Gov and authorize the new AOR. This action needs to be done in both the grants.gov and training.grants.gov sites. See below section on authorizing certificate.
After we install the certifications you will receive an email from Grants.gov about authorization and you can following the below steps to complete this process:
- Go to the appropriate Grants.gov url (PRD > http://grants.gov; SBX > http://training.grants.gov)
- In the top, right corner of the homepage, click on the LOGIN link.
- From the right hand corner, select the [Login as EBIZ POC] button.
- Enter the user credentials and click the [Login] button.
- Click the Manage Certificates for Organization link
- Click on the SEARCH button
- A list of installed certificates should display. The S2S certificate can be identified by Certificate ID. You will also see YES or NO under the 'Has Roles' Column.
- If the certificate is there, to the right of the certificate you can click the Manage Roles link to assign the needed roles. You would do so by highlighting the AOR role and move the role to the box on the right (Current Roles).
- The above steps will need to be done in both the PRD and Test/Training GG sites.