Integration with the Kuali Research training table is available in the Kuali Research Conflict of Interest system (MySQL COI version). This functionality will alert Reporters and Reviewers to the status of a user's COI training. The training data is stored in the 'Training', 'Training Module', and 'Person Training' maintenance tables in Kuali Research and each institution can configure which training types pull over to the Conflict of Interest system as appropriate.
If on current COI you should use the Training Template Gadget that allows you to integrate training data into your compliance modules.
Linking a Training Type to COI
In order for training information to display in the COI module first a Training type must be associated with COI. This is done through the Training Module maintenance table in the main Kuali Research Application where you can associate an existing course in the Training table to the COI module.
- Navigate to Maintenance > Training Module
- Click create new
- Enter the following Fields
- Description: Any Value that is appropriate to your institution
- Training Code: Training Code from the Training Lookup maintenance table associated with your COI training
- Module Code: COI Disclosure
Activate Training Functionality in COI
Next the training display needs to be turned on in the COI Configuration screen.
- Navigate to the COI Configuration > General Configuration screen
- Scroll to the Bottom of the screen and check one or both of the following configurations as appropriate for your institution
- Display COI training information to COI reporters on their dashboard
- Display COI training information to COI admins in disclosures
- Press the Save Button
Enter Data in the Person Training Table
This step can be done manually or you can setup a data feed directly from CITI or another training data source using the Kuali APIs. To manually enter training information for a user follow the steps below.
- Navigate to System Admin Portal > Maintenance > Miscellaneous > Person Training
- Click the create new button
- Complete the following fields as detailed below
- Description: Any value that is appropriate to your institution
- Person ID: The employee number for the person who's training you're entering (There is a lookup available in the document to retrieve this number)
- Training: The training type associated with COI training at your institution
- Date Submitted: The date the training is effective
- Followup Date: The date the training expires if any
- Is Active: Check
- Submit the Document
Display in the COI Module
If a user goes to their COI Dashboard and has no training in the system the following message will display in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
If a user goes to their COI Dashboard and has up to date training a message will display in the upper right hand corner of the screen showing the training details.
If a user has expired training then that will display in the upper right hand corner
COI Admin/Reviewer Display
When a COI Admin or Reviewer opens a COI record they will have a View COI Training button that will show all the training entries for the user who's disclosure they are currently reviewing.