The 'Schedule System Jobs' has been added to the COI Configuration options which allows COI Admins to set up an automated Core-Job for disclosures. Currently the job utilizing this service is the COI Expiration which will look for all disclosures past the Due Date configured in General Configurations and sets them to expired. Once they are set to Expired it will trigger the configured Expire Notification to notify users of expired disclosures. This COI Expiration Job is also used for triggering Expiration Reminder emails. This System Jobs functionality could be utilized for other automated services in the future.
Adding a Job
In order to create the Expiration Job you can follow the below listed steps as a COI Admin and configure the job to best meet your institution's needs.
- Navigate to Configuration > Schedule System Jobs
- Click Add Job
- Make sure you click Active
- Select Name COI Expiration Job
- Select Start Date -> this is the date for the first time the job will run (make sure not to select a date in the past)
- Select Start Time -> this is the time the first job will run, and the time when the job will run for future recurrences
- Frequency -> how many recurrence between when each job will run (i.e 1 frequency with a recurrent of day will run 1 time every day, 2 frequency with recurrent of week will run once every 2 weeks)
- End Date -> when the job will end - should be many years as this job needs to run for disclosure to expire (make sure to not select a date in the past)
- End Time -> what time the job will end
In order to trigger the Expire Notifications this job will need to be enabled to set disclosures to Expired and the Expire Notification enabled in Configuration. The job will not only run to Expire past due disclosures but also trigger the Expiration Reminder Notifications. It is recommended to set at least one job at a daily interval to appropriately trigger disclosure Expirations and the Expiration Reminder notifications.